About Discovery Lightings
Discovery Lighting is a family owned business, run by owners Jim & Laura Weisz. Discovery Lighting was spawned from the popularity of the lighting Discovery DJ was offering with their wedding packages. We started by branching out and offering uplighting only packages for wedding receptions near the end of 2010. Then at the start of 2011, we started offering decor lighting for all types of events. So, regardless of what type of event you’re having, we can illuminate it for you.
Presently, Discovery Lighting can accommodate up to 3 lighting events in one day. Due to increased demand for our modern wireless LED uplighting, wireless pinspotting, and other lighting options, we have been expanding to handle even more special events in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. If you’d like a quote for Discovery Lighting to provide lighting for your special event, please contact us today!
Discovery Lighting is based in Flower Mound, but provides service all around the DFW area. So whether you’re having a wedding in Grapevine, a prom in Fort Worth, a birthday party in Southlake, corporate event in Dallas, or a class reunion in Denton, we can handle your lighting needs!
Here is a short list of our primary service area for wireless uplighting, monograms, digital gobos, pinspotting, cake lighting, and more: Addison, Arlington, Carrollton, Colleyville, Dallas, Denton, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Frisco, Grapevine, Highland Park, Highland Village, Keller, Las Colinas, Lewisville, McKinney, Plano, Richardson, Rockwall, and Southlake.
We can provide uplighting and other decor lighting in just about any venue for any type of events. Here are some of the main types of events we provide lighting for: wedding reception, anniversary party, birthday party, prom, homecoming, sweet 16 party, mitzvah, corporate event, class reunion, family reunion, wedding, school dance, or any other private party you can imagine!
Meet the Owner
Jim Weisz is the owner and only DJ and master of ceremonies for Discovery DJs. Jim has personally provided the entertainment for every single event for Discovery DJs. Jim has a BA in Broadcast Communications.
The following are some of Jim's credentials:
- Over 10 years experience with one of the top music providers to radio stations and entertainment venues in the US.
- 17 years of experience serving as disc jockey & master of ceremonies for hundreds of weddings.
- Has attended more than 40 educational DJ conferences & presented seminars at 7 conferences.
- Furthered his wedding master of ceremonies skills by taking a 2-day, 16 hour, course solely on being a master of ceremonies for weddings and other special events.
- Regular contributor to Mobile Beat magazine, one of the most recognized DJ magazines. Has had over 50 articles published in the last 10 years.
- Former station manager, music director, and on-air personality for WONC-FM in Naperville/Chicago, IL.
Jim was born in Chicago and lived there until 2003 when he relocated to Dallas. He currently lives in Flower Mound with his wife, and 3 boys (10, 8, 7). In his free time, Jim enjoys spending time with his family, coaching his sons' baseball teams, traveling, going to Rangers games, and playing sports.